Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

Buying a new Alto Saxophone - Any Suggestions?

Hello, My son (14) has been playing on a bundy for about 4 years now and is ready for the next step up. I would consider him…

19 years ago
by GordonGekko (27 posts)

??**--^^!?HEY ARE MAXTONE ANY GOOD?!^^--**??

Hi everyone! I just recently bought a Maxtone saxophone and i wanna know if its any good. I ordered it online and it hasnt co…

19 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

ATTENTION ! SOLIST AS441 UPDATE.

Wow, what a blessing from GOD. The horn just keeps getting better; my horn is fast & sweet.

19 years ago
by batbone (9 posts)

Mouth Piece Care

How do people, I am looking for advise a friend of mine (a fellow sax player) who has not cleaned his mouth piece for about 4…

19 years ago
by Saxman2200 (64 posts)

Struggling With Doubling

Hi, I'm MIke, a High School musician as well as a new member to this great site. I am mainly a Tenor player and have recently…

19 years ago
by Saxman2200 (64 posts)

This is tuff stuff man...

Ok, we just got our new jazz charts for the year, its good stuff, but challenging..2 are our adjudication pieces for spring..…

19 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

Yamaha's method of quality control

Any dealers out there? If there are, you will probably have received a letter from yamaha by now, informing you that there is…

19 years ago
by GordonGekko (27 posts)

I PLAYED MY 1ST MARK 6!!

i played my sax teachers 1967 i believe it was mark 6..it is in absolute immaculate condition..95% original laquer still in t…

19 years ago

reed preparation

I've been thouroughly dissapointed in the quality of my reeds as of late and i was wondering what y'all do to prepare reeds.

19 years ago

Soprano Sax

I'm am going to get a new soprano sax in the future. I'm not sure at all what to get. I don't want anything over $1000 (I kno…

19 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

FInding a place to buy a Yamaha YTS 62II or Yani 901T

Hi, I am lookinf for a place to buy a Yamaha YTS 62II or Yani 901T. I found music123.com selling them for 2200(62II) and 185…

19 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

alternate fingerings

What's a good place online to find a list of alternate fingerings?

19 years ago
by PsuSax (25 posts)

Soprano Jazz Mouthpiece

I'm just now starting to play soprano features and solos in my jazz band; I play on the school's soprano, and it's a real gre…

19 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

I need consistant legit reeds

I use vandoren blue box 3 1/2's for concert band, and I'm a little ticked that I pay $25 bucks for a box of 10 reeds and abou…

19 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

canonball saxes are they good or are they junk?

i've heard info about cballs and some people say they're good and others say tghat they're junk. so what is the real deal wit…

19 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Mouthpiece Search

I have the worst setup in the world right now. My horn is very good, my ligature is decent, my reeds are awesome, and my mout…

19 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

Yamaha YTS-82z..

Hey dude, Is it true they're good?

19 years ago
by Remy (2 posts)

Good Saxes?

Hi. I've been playing the sax for 6 years, since I was in the 4th grade. I have a buffet champon (sorry if I spelled that wro…

19 years ago

My Yani 901???

ok, well, i have a yani 901, if u didnt gather that ur not dumb at all...... but i been hearn a lot of crap about it.. ..im…

19 years ago
by sonnyrollins57 (17 posts)

Reed Guards and Storing Reeds

I'd like to hear how different people store their reeds. I have seen the reed guards they sell but wasn't sure if they did a…

19 years ago
by PsuSax (25 posts)

a chem clean?

Marching band has really taken a toll on my Jupiter. I took a look at the money I've got, and decided the Jupiter is gonna be…

19 years ago
by saxgrobie (86 posts)

Can I get you opion on this?

I'm a saxophonist. When I started playing in 6th grade, I fell in love with the bari sax right away. I found myself spending…

19 years ago
by Jack Cici (87 posts)

Goodson masterpiece neck vs Gloger handkraft neck

I'm thinking of trying one of these on my Selmer series III tenor..any thoughts ? The Goodson is non-returnable unlike the Gl…

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Tenor Jazz Method Books

I'm a alto legit player who has been asked to play tenor in a community band. Figured since I was getting a tenor I might exp…

19 years ago
by KCSaxGal (46 posts)

steel/metal ligature for rousseau

is there anyone out there that can recommend a steel/metal ligature to fit a eugene rousseau jazz metal alto mouthpiece?

19 years ago
by kenaust (2 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).