Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

Mark IV question

i was chattn with my sax teacher the other day, were kinda buddies along as teacher and student. but he played my sax for awh…

20 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

Tenor for beginner?

Okay, I'm looking to start playing sax and was originally going for an alto, but then I saw an interesting ad for a: 'Tenor S…

20 years ago
by spida (12 posts)

Patd 1914 Wurlitzer Signature Saxophone

I am in possession of an engraved silver sax in it's original case with the following engraved on it: The Wrulitzer Americam…

20 years ago
by Sax Mom (964 posts)

Low Pitch Alto Saxophone

I found this listed on Ebay. What does Low Pitch mean? The owner didn't know anything about saxophones. Does this mean it's p…

20 years ago
by Sax Mom (964 posts)

Band Now brand of Alto Saxophones

I recently received an advertisement of a Band Now Alto sax for only $399. It listed for $799 and the ad stated that it was a…

20 years ago
by dm300e (9 posts)

Buescher 400 sax

What is the best way to learn how much my Buesher 400 sax is worth? It is in very good condition. Thanks for the help!

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Mysterious Bari Sax Hole

I'm playing a Keilwerth Heritage Bari Sax at my school and it's a great horn. I am puzzled by one thing though. There is a sm…

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Keilworth ST90 Soprano

How is it?

20 years ago
by Spike (248 posts)

Antigua Winds??????

heard of em?? are they a good company?? good products?? theres a really good freshman player this year whos tryna take my spo…

20 years ago
by karebear1012 (395 posts)

I got a new Sax!

Welp I took my time done my research and made a wise choice I think. I got a 1980 Selmer Bundy Tenor Sax. It's not a nice new…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

Suggestions for a new tenor saxophone...

I'll be getting a new tenor sax in the near future, and this one will probably be the one I stick to for the next long, long…

20 years ago
by blog234 (14 posts)

Straight and Curved Sopranos

Hi! I'm sure many have presented this question, but I couldn't find any posts in the archives. So...what's the difference be…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

Whats your favorite sax?

Out of bari,tenor,soprano and alto? I personally prefer the tenor.

20 years ago
by Redsax (27 posts)

Love it but hate it at the same time!

ok so heres the deal, Ive always enjoyed playing the saxophone, but im now entering my junior year of highschool and have NOT…

20 years ago
by Spike (248 posts)

Trevor James sax?

Hello, What do you think about trevor James sax, Artemis or "The Horn " series? Im thinking for a tenor.

20 years ago
by stabart (6 posts)

What the heck is wrong with my tenor buescher!!!!???

I have a 1922 true tone buescher I bought in ebay, the thing is it doesnt tune!! some people say its the key height. But, whe…

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

dudes, haha i need help again

ok, im workin really hard on improv, and im startin to get the feel for it, its just that i dont like slower songs, they haft…

20 years ago

H to the ELP!!!

haha ok, i sed i had vibrato down, and i tryed usin it the other day, and nothing was happening!!! haha i think i was doin so…

20 years ago

Saxophone Journal?

I was looking up different jazz magazines, and I came across the Saxophone Journal. Does anyone know if this is a magazine wo…

20 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

-==Great Literature==-

anyone know some good jazz band literature?? im tryna think of some good songs i can maybe introduce to my jazz teacher so we…

20 years ago
by karebear1012 (395 posts)

Just wondering..

Ok, yesterday I made the three hour trip to south bend to try out all tenors. I tried the Selmer TS200, the YTS475, the jupit…

20 years ago
by navyblueTENOR (10 posts)

Whats witht he locked threads?

doesnt it seem like there are a lot of locked threads now - threads that were still functional?

20 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

Helmke Alto Saxophones

EBay has been recently selling these saxophones at around $250, and I was wondering if they're a reliable brand of saxophone…

20 years ago
by Saxman2200 (64 posts)

looking at new sax

I am looking at a Jupiter 889SG Tenor for $1,179.99 and was wondering how the horn plays and if it is a good deal. I am going…

20 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

teeth

I am a weekend semipro sax/flutist, novice kaval player, beginner clarinetist and lapsed trumpeter. A couple of years ago I…

20 years ago
by mandoman (8 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).