Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

Learning about Alto's

My son is starting his junior year in h.s. Recently bought a Yanagasawa 901 for $1,100. Has a C* mouth piece, and a rovner li…

20 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)
20 years ago
by scrapdawg (2 posts)

Ultimate Ligature?

I am woring on my setup, and I heard good things about the Ultimate Ligature. I have a Metal New York "Super Tone Master" (ot…

20 years ago
by Rben20 (35 posts)

so what should I teach my 16yo cuz?

ok... so my cusin is 16 and has been playing sax for 3 years now or something. what are the things I should bring up to him…

20 years ago
by Saxman2200 (64 posts)

!!!!!!!!!!FRUSTRATED PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I have switched from alto to tenor about 6 months ago. On my alto I use a 98 knight w/ a C* mpc, regular rovner lig, and Vand…

20 years ago
by Saxman2200 (64 posts)

Making reeds better

Hey I was wondering if you guys do any tricks with your reeds to make them vibrate and play better. I currently use David San…

20 years ago
by Rben20 (35 posts)

Yamaha Soprano on ebay

Someone has a Yahmaha Soprano SS-475 005093A on ebay with a starting bid of $600. No one has bid on it yet, and I'm wondering…

20 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

the best alto under a grand ?

the solist perfomance alto AS441; well is it???? i need a little help please!!!

20 years ago
by [email protected] (18 posts)

Music Folders

Please tell me where to get those big 14" by 11"or12" heavy duty, manilla type music folders for band charts. thanks, jim

20 years ago
by jimrich (2 posts)

Lafayette?

Anybody ever heard of a Lafayette brand for Soprano Sax? Can't find anything on it on the internet, is it too old or too bad?

20 years ago
by Sax Mom (964 posts)

double high A on bari

does anyone play a double high A on their bari by opening the spit valve, cuz it works on my bari if i lip it down.

20 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

Antigua/Antiqua?

I've seen it spelled both "Antiqua Winds" and "Antiqua Winds" that I'm starting to wonder if they're completely different bra…

20 years ago
by szyJYM (1 post)

Happy with your junk horn? Good for you!

An email I received from a fellow SaxQuest user... "I wanted to let you know that I have a Helmke tenor sax for about 2 year…

20 years ago

What sax did Grover Washington, Jr. Play?

Hey, I remember reading a magazine article years ago that stated the make of Grover's tenor and soprano saxophones, but I can…

20 years ago
by Trinity (2 posts)

wilton felders mouthpiece

what mouthpiece did wilton felder play from the mid 70's onwards

20 years ago
by kenaust (2 posts)

Saxual Experimentation

Anyone up for some cyber-sax? I'm looking for people with some basic recording capability - skill level is completely irrelev…

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

rampone and cazzani ? ? ?

hey guys. i've been hearing nothing but amazing remarks about these horns. they are hand made in italy and are referred to as…

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Metal reeds

hey, does anyone no were i cane get a metal sax read? I live in Australia so any web sites and stuff like that would be great…

20 years ago
by skittle911 (3 posts)

BEWARE OF THIS TRADER !

I made a deal with a Steve Pearson, Sanderville, GA for a straight across trade on a soprano mpc. posted here under mpc. trad…

20 years ago
by rhino (1 post)

trade alto yamaha z and yamaha 62 tenor for Mark 6 tenor?

Hey guys, Ive got a question for u. I currently own a silver Yamaha alto custom z and a Yamaha tenor 62II. I am not a profes…

20 years ago
by Drvlsco (6 posts)

vandoren mouthpieces

does anyone use the vandoren java and or jumbo java mouthpiece? i was wondering if anyone could tell me the color of these…

20 years ago
by saabtech (20 posts)

I Am In Need Of Assistance!!

Hello, I have just moved up to my first year in highschool, making me a freshman. Band is one of my favorite subjects and I w…

20 years ago

high quality, low price soprano

I have been searching for a new soprano sax for the past week. I have found several models that look like good horns, but are…

20 years ago

Clip On / Wireless Mics for Tenor. Any reccommendations?

I'm using a SDSystems dynamic mic that clips onto the bell of my sax. I'm thinking of getting a wireless setup and probably c…

20 years ago

Solist performance alto model AS441

i'm trying to get more info on this horn. i know it's a copy of the yanagisawa A991. can anyone tell me who makes this horn?

20 years ago
by batbone (9 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).