Saxophone Forum

by straightj23
(103 posts)
18 years ago

2006 Marching Shows

Hey guys. What are all of your marching bands doing for your shows this coming season? We just got our music. Our show is "The Music of composer Samuel R. Hazo." He is a composer for wind symphony/band and such. The show so far looks very complicated, but I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to pull it off. So, what are your guys' shows?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by webegoodsax
    (2 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 2006 Marching Shows

Disney's Fantasmic... boring, and we cant add anything fun to it because the music sucks. if only i was in the band a few years ago, they did the blues brothers, and the drum section wore suits and came in in a limo, it was pretty sweet, the judges always gave them bad ratings because they said that the car took away from the show, lol

Reply To Post

2. by kaplac
    (6 posts)

17 years ago

Our show was entitled heartbeat by key poland but its a really awesome show, our band just didnt have enough members, to fill up our drill. we got 2nd place in A division, high music, and high percussion though!

Reply To Post

3. by saxbostic
    (4 posts)

18 years ago

Our high school is performing Electronification an orignal composition based on the history of the synthizer. Sounds Cool

Reply To Post

1. by KTownSaxMajor
      (4 posts)

18 years ago

You're doing Samuel Hazo?? That man is amazing! We played 'Ride' last year in Wind Ensemble, and it was pretty tight. I loved the jazz alto solo I got. Our band is doing West Side Story. WTF?! How the heck does someone make West Side Story into a show?? Our entire band feels really retarded marching to a musical, but whatever. It's better than last year; Phantom of the Opera. If I EVER hear that song again...........

Reply To Post

1. by Sax_Shark
        (134 posts)

18 years ago

You're doing West Side Story too? OMFG, I HATE THAT SHOW. It's my senior year and we're doing this retarded show that no one likes. Sigh.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

18 years ago

Actually, West Side Story might be quite appropriate, with the race angle that never seems to die, though the characters in the show certainly do... We are at war in this country, and the West Side Story, though it is a musical, is about a war, trying to point out how senseless war can be. Look at your show as a cry for peace, and you may not find it quite so lame. We could all use a little peace in this world, and so often, it is very far away. (And I'd appreaciate both of you leaving the "F" out of the conversation. It is an empty word that means nothing in this context.)

Reply To Post

2. by Sax_Shark
          (134 posts)

18 years ago

" Gee, Officer Krupke, we're very upset; We never had the love that ev'ry child oughta get. We ain't no delinquents, We're misunderstood. Deep down inside us there is good!" You're just misunderstanding the F... LOL - Just kidding SaxMom - Thx

Reply To Post

3. by jing24
          (31 posts)

18 years ago

hah were down cartoon classics you know bugs bunny and such and songs like barber of seville, william tell overture etc. it's really fun cause we have bugs bunny being chased and elmur fudd trying to catch him lol

Reply To Post

2. by Phoenix
        (2 posts)

17 years ago

I Actully like the show we're doing its called Incantations. it was done by the BlueCoats it had Caravan as one of the songs in there show which im dissapointed we switched with a classical version of led zeppelin but overall i like it and apperntly the judges do too.

Reply To Post

3. by AlwaysBored89
        (10 posts)

17 years ago

James bond. We have the general James Bond theme, Live and Let Die, and For Your Eyes Only. It's not a bad show, music's alright (the band has some issues, though) and the director keeps changing the drill every week, which gets kind of annoying, but you can't help but love him...

Reply To Post

1. by OklahomanSax
          (18 posts)

17 years ago

James bond? your so lucky. My band is doing a show called "chronomatry" it sucks. All the music is just a variation of that retarded bell chime. its stupid. the drill was pretty challenging, but my music consisted of whole not bell chime, with one run on my C scale. but we played for your eyes only for homecoming, that song kicks ass. one good thing about our show, we made straight one's at OSSAA yesterday, it may be joke to some people, but whereever we go, we've been getting 2's-4's. but it was the best job we ever did, and it was raining (ARG!)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by rachel92491
            (28 posts)

17 years ago

our 2006 show was called beyond perimeters. my band is pretty kicking. Makes state finals like every year. Mighty Unicorn Band! lol seriously that is the name of our band and our mascot is the unicorn! we did pretty well and stuff. our 2007 show is from a japanese anime!

Reply To Post