Saxophone Forum

by tinyangel
(3 posts)
18 years ago

Beuscher vintage sax

I have a Beuscher Aristocrat True Tone series 1 model 288414 low pitch tenor sax that belonged to my Dad. It is in excellent condition, has the original case, warranty card and accessories . It has pearl enlayed keys. The sax has a very rich sound. What is the value of this sax and where would I look for a buyer? Thank you so much for your help.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by musicman_horton
    (19 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Beuscher vintage sax

I would think that you have a couple of options. 1. You can google Buescher Serial Numbers, and see what you come up with. 2. You can try calling 1-800-USA-HORN. I use this number whenever I want to find the age and/or value of an instrument. These are only a couple of options. I'm sure others have better ideas. Just my two cents.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

18 years ago

From 1939 and about the best buescher but not the most expensive you can get, top hat and cane is the dearest.Look up ebay completed sales for a rough guide as you will not get the same price as on-line dealers do. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by tinyangel
        (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you for your help. I'll check ebay's completed sales like you suggested.

Reply To Post

2. by tinyangel
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you so much for the info. I didn't even know where to start and now I have some options. I appreciate your help.

Reply To Post