Saxophone Forum

by PJ Beach
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Information needed on an old sax

We are hoping you can help us identify a saxaphone someone has given to us. We do not know much about saxaphones as no one we know plays them. This is silver (silver plated??) The lower back of the sax is engraved with: PATD DEC, 8, 1914, 1119954 C 121950 L On the front it is etched with an elaborate design with the following imprinted in the middle: MADE BY C. G. CONN LTD ELKHART--IND U.S.A. Can you tell us anything about this sax or how to find out about it? We would appreciate any help you could give us. Your help would be greatly appreciated--the sooner the better.... Thank you so much.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by napas14
    (24 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Information needed on an old sax

From the serial number I beleive that this is a Lowpitch C-Melody saxophone. The "C" indicates that it is a C-melody saxophone and the "L" indicates that it is Low-pitch. According to a serial number chart This Sax was manufactured 1923 or 1924. Because so many C melody saxophones were produced this sax probably isnt worth very much. For more info about C melody saxes you could see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_melody_saxophone Hope this helps.

Reply To Post

1. by PJ Beach
      (2 posts)

18 years ago

thank you so much for the help and information. I did visit the site you listed. Where would we go to find a copy of the "serial number chart" for the Conn saxes? I would like to see one and put a copy with our sax. Have a great day and thanks again....

Reply To Post

1. by napas14
        (24 posts)

18 years ago

I used this serial chart many others are similar or the same. www.petethomas.co.uk/saxophone-serial-numbers.html and Your Welcome

Reply To Post