Saxophone Forum

by noraandaudrey
(1 post)
18 years ago

Need help to id a Buescher

Hello, I am trying to identify my old Buescher Alto so I can list it on ebay. The model number is 427751. It measures 22" without the neck. The body is very worn brass but it still has a great tone quality. It does have a buescher mouthpiece and case. I would really appreciate any help finding out what model it is, and maybe what I should expect to get for it...if it is desireable or not. Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Need help to id a Buescher

what does it look like? Engraving? Keywork? Pics would help a lot. Or you could go to www.saxpics.com and look under the section for Buescher.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

that's a late 60s buescher, made after the selmer buyout of the company. Good student horn, but not much else

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

18 years ago

Actually, that serial is probably early 60's. I don't know about the Aristocrats, but the 400s of that era were still pro level instruments and IIRC were advertised as such.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

18 years ago

As Steve mentioned, the early 60's 400s were still great playing/sounding horns, and definitely worthy of consideration. I have one in my collection from this vintage that can hold it's own against my TH&C Alto and Tenor horns in all but cosmetics.

Reply To Post