Saxophone Forum

by greygary
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Buescher truetone tenor sax silver plated - age?

I have an old Buescher tenor - serial number 210479, labelled 'TRUETONE' and 'LOW PITCH'. Can anyone tell me the age of the this instrument and any other details. I was considering getting it overhauled but do not know whether it is worth it. Thanks in advance.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Buescher truetone tenor sax silver plated - age?

That True Tone is from 1926. The tenors are much harder to find than the altos. They are great horns and in good shape, they are quite valuable, I've seen them go for as much as $2000 in good shape. I really think that they have better intonation that even the Conn horns of the same era. As long as there is no significant damage to the horn, I would definately recommend an overhaul. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Ditto. Great horn, get it fixed, and enjoy it!

Reply To Post

2. by greygary
    (2 posts)

18 years ago

Many thanks to everyone who provided information. My reason for asking is that my daughter has just started to learn on the Buescher after it had been stored in a loft for 20 years since I stopped playing. I had no idea just how old it is. Is there any recommended mouthpiece that 'goes with' this saxophone or is it just a matter of personal preference? Thanks again

Reply To Post