Saxophone Forum

by cherish22
(5 posts)
18 years ago

1947 selmer balanced action

I have a selmer balanced action serial #347xxx in good condition i,m not a saxaphone player and can get the specifics from the owner he is a friend and does not know how to use a computer can someone help out.thank you

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1947 selmer balanced action

What do you need?

Reply To Post

1. by cherish22
      (5 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1947 selmer balanced action for sale

i,m looking for an average price on a 1947 selmer balanced action horn for a friend who has one he would like to sell,he does not have a computer so i,m helping him out I know nothing about horns so i will do my best to answer them .thank you out there

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1947 selmer balanced action for sale

One place you might start is by checking out the prices on ebay. Right now there is a Tenor for which the bids are up to $2750, and there is an Alto with a starting bid of $4450 (but no one has bid that as of this posting). You can also compare the condition of the one you have for sale with the condition of those on ebay. The people here at the Tenor Madness link will do an appraisal, but that will cost you something. You can also list it for sale through Saxquest, in case you're interested. (I just typed "Balanced Action Saxophone" without the quotes in the search box on ebay and received those two hits.)

Reply To Post

2. by Donnie The B
      (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1947 selmer balanced action

If you typed the serial number correctly, it is not a 1947 horn. Go to www.selmer.com to check model & year made. My memory of numbers would place this in the 1990 area? A 1947 horn would have a five digit serial number. Good Luck

Reply To Post