Saxophone Forum

by LolJellys
(8 posts)
18 years ago

I need Information about a Conn Silver Tenor Saxophone

Hello friends!. Last summer i bought a Conn Silver Tenor Saxophone and i really don't know nothing about this sax.I hope someone around can give me some especific information about it.I don't know wich model exactly is, but is very similar to the Chu Berry and the Naked Lady models, but there is no name in it except the art deco motif in the bell where you can only read G.Conn-Elkhart-USA. In the serial number side you can see: patd.dec.8.1914 III9954 T M247516 L I think this is the serial number: M247516 So, please, i really want to know what i have in my hands, is in really good conditions and i've get it really cheap.Someone around know how much could it cost?, wich model is?, wich year of construction?, if is a good or bad sax?, all the information will be wellcome. Thanks Friends!!!.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: I need Information about a Conn Silver Tenor Saxophone

It's a New Wonder Series II or early transitional tenor from 1931. The alto models were the first to see changes during the transitional years, followed by the tenors and baritones. I have seen a few tenors as early as 1931 that were basically 10M's. This is a GREAT horn. The horn that Chu Berry played was actually a transitional horn from this same period. Your horn is quite valuable and well worth putting some money into. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by LolJellys
      (8 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks a lot, Jim.I have a couple of questions more; The sax comes with a metal mouthpiece "Berg Larsen" SMS 120/2, is it a good mouthpiece, how much could it cost?. I've payed for my sax around 400 dollars, do you think is a good price?.Is in good conditions.And, around how much could it cost?

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

18 years ago

$400 for a Conn Silver Tenor? I'm just a bit envious!

Reply To Post

1. by LolJellys
          (8 posts)

18 years ago

Sax Mom!, why are you envious?.Around how much could be really?, becouse i'm starting to think that is a stolen one.

Reply To Post