Saxophone Forum

by mattMrozinski
(35 posts)
17 years ago

Beuscher Baritone?

I have the opportunity to buy a vintage beuscher Baritone sax. I'm not sure of the model so i'm coming here to ask. Its silver plated, with a matte finish over the horn, except for the bell there is some engraving with a polished silver engraving, much like saxquest.com/productDetails.asp?productcode=211585BuescherTenor but in silver. The Bb and B pads are on opposite sides of the horn as well. The woman at the shop said that she'd sell it at about 1200 with a new (2 years or so old) Pro Tech case. I played this horn tonight with a nameless mouthpiece and it had some serious bark, although the A-G-F-E had some problems with warbling, but i think that was either my chops or the piece, i've only really been playing bari for about a week in school, using the school horn but no chance for me to practice at home, i think i'm going to rent this one, for a year its only 115, and then buy it minus rental price. Any idea of the model? oh and of course it is a Bb, not low A. any help of course would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much Matt

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Beuscher Baritone?

Your link isnt working properly, cant help ou much without that

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by mattMrozinski
      (35 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Beuscher Baritone?

Reply To Post

1. by mattMrozinski
        (35 posts)

17 years ago

jeeze whats up with these links?

Reply To Post

1. by mattMrozinski
          (35 posts)

17 years ago

Ill also add

the engraving was much like that true tone tenor, with the flower, and it said "BUESCHER" under that "ELKHART INDIANA" There was a high F keying, as well as the auxilliary key. I don't remember there being an Eb trill key but i'm pretty sure there wasn't, but i'm also recalling this all from memory. I also need to know if this is worth 1200 with a protech case, but i'm not buying immediately, maybe 3-4 months.

Reply To Post

2. by definition
          (963 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Ill also add

www.saxpics.com/buescher/docs/aristocrat_series.htm links are still not workin for me. try the above link, it should be similar to some of the horns on that page. If its in good physical cond. though and works well, 1200 is a pretty good deal

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by mattMrozinski
          (35 posts)

17 years ago

it looks mostly like the one on the left, in the aristocrat series, but the engraving is more in the front like that of, i want to say the florals on a Mk VI, but there isnt anything on the right side of the bell except the tips of some flower petals, and the engraving is more horizontal than tilted.

Reply To Post

4. by mattMrozinski
          (35 posts)

17 years ago

okay never mind there was no aux f key, no wonder i was having trouble getting those out.... but the serial number is 260269

Reply To Post