Saxophone Forum

by challey
(3 posts)
17 years ago

Silver C Soprano Conn Saxophone

I am preparing to repad an excellent old horn. Finish is silver w /gold bell. No dents. Lovely. C Serial: M176674 L Would welcome any comments as to dates, value and any other related info. Many thanks from a 1stTimer! Challey

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Silver C Soprano Conn Saxophone

Yours is a 1926 Conn New Wonder Series II soprano. I have a 1925 Conn New Wonder Series II. The intonation is much better than the earlier Series I curved soprano. I would recommend using the kangaroo pads with metal resonators. I have used the same pads on my New Wonder Series II soprano, alto, tenor and baritone. Silver finish was the most popular. With a good cleaning and fresh pads, these sopranos often sell from $1600-$2000, so it's well worth the money to have the pads replaced and the instrument overhauled if needed. They play very well. The New Wonder Series II's are some of the most free-blowing, easiest horns I have ever played, and they have such a sweet sound! Best of luck! Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by LolJellys
      (8 posts)

17 years ago

Are you interested in sell your saxophone or you want to keep it with you?.Please, if you are interested in sell it, get in contact with me.

Reply To Post

1. by pickle
        (1 post)

17 years ago

I'm selling a curved C-sop on e-bay next week. Universel (sic)Savana, made in Paris with what I think is a C m/p which plays OK. I was looking for the forum link relating to curved C-sops but failed to find it. So hope this isn't too irrelavent. Check out my SLIDE SAX which is on e-bay now!

Reply To Post

2. by challey
      (3 posts)

17 years ago

Hi Jim: I'll try this means in case my email didn't reach you. Just acquired another silver Conn - this time a C Melody (I think). Serial C 84945 L Origional case in good condition - needs some work. Finish is excellent w/o dents. Mouthpiece cap was cut in half to make an anchor peg for upper body in case storage. Would appreciate any comments you might have. Challey

Reply To Post