Saxophone Forum

by massauto
(2 posts)
17 years ago

Need Help Dating a Bruno Stenciled Conn

I have a gold Stenciled Bruno Conn sax that is numbered 82008. It is stamped low pitch with a patent date of Dec 18, 1914. Front is stamped Bruno, New York. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you. Ron massauto

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by massauto
    (2 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Need Help Dating a Bruno Stenciled Conn

I meant to write December 8, 1914.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

17 years ago

the serial numbers on the stencils does not follow the regular Conn serial number charts your best bet is to go to www.saxpics.com and look at the many pictures in the Conn section, and find which models look like your horn. That would tell you that your horn was made during the production time of those horns, or as maybe a little later, which will give you an approximation on age

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

17 years ago

Most of the Bruno or Royal Artist horns that I have seen were Buescher True Tone stencils, although Conn made a few also. I agree with definition. Saxpics is a great site with lots of pictures. Look at the Conn New Wonder Series I and the Buescher True Tone pics and I think you will find your horn. My guess is that it was made in the early-mid 1920's. The value really depends on the condition.

Reply To Post Yahoo!