Saxophone Forum

by Zevulun
(24 posts)
17 years ago

If my sax were stolen

Hello, fellas!. I just want to know what can i do in the case that someone stole my sax.There is any website where could be possible to register the serial number?.What is the better way to proceed?. I just don't want even think about that, but recently two friends of mine has their instruments stolen, and believe me or not, one was a guitar and the other one was a... double bass!!!, amazing.I live in a city (Seville, Spain) were is very dangerous to walk around with your instrument or just let it in the floor while you drink a beer and, maybe i'm a little bit in paranoia but i want to be ready for the worst. Thanks and remember to practice today.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: If my sax were stolen

Too bad you have to be paranoid. Do you have any kind of insurance against loss? Here in the USA we can buy a musical instrument rider on a homeowner's insurance policy. The trick is to document what you have with pictures so they have to pay off properly. Later.

Reply To Post

1. by Zevulun
      (24 posts)

17 years ago

Re: If my sax were stolen

Yes, Donnie, too bad i have to be paranoid, sad but true that in this sense this isn't the right city. I will try to assure my horn by a company but i think they need the original receipt of purchase and i haven't it becouse i bought it by second hand.Anyway, i love my sax and my question was more about how to handle the situation if my sax is stolen, i really don't want money for other sax (in the worst of the cases is the only thing i can accept), but i ask more about, get in contact with the police and...?, any website to announce it?, is it good if i make public the serial number in any website?. I have a really good vintage sax and i think if i lost it will be very easy to follow the steps of this horn (i hope so).Thanks mate.

Reply To Post