Saxophone Forum

by mross
(1 post)
7 years ago

Graduate School sax teachers

Hello out there! I am currently a graduate sax performace student in California looking to transfer to a different grad school in the fall 2007. Does anybody have any advice on great classical teachers/programs? I am already looking at: New England Conservatory (Kenneth Radnofsky); University of Oregon (Idit Shner); Indiana University (Otis Murphy); Northwestern (Fred Hemke); and Univ. of Southern California (James Rotter). I would GREATLY appreciate any advice on any of these teachers and what they're like, or any suggestions as well! Thank you so much!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Conclave
    (45 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Graduate School sax teachers

check out dr. timothy mcallister at the university of arizona. www.timothymcallister.com great teacher and player.

Reply To Post

1. by landrusax
      (44 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Graduate School sax teachers

Hello, I'm a jazz performance/composition Grad student at NEC. I love it here and don't know anyone who doesn't completely love it. I have a lot of friends that study with Ken and love him. I think you can't go wrong coming out here. If you want more info, send me a message and I'll give you a couple numbers of sax players that study with Ken. Good luck, B

Reply To Post