Saxophone Forum

by Zevulun
(24 posts)
17 years ago

It's a Conn Tenor New Wonder Series II a good sax for beginners?

It's a Tenor Conn New Wonder Series II a good Sax To start learn?.The mine comes with a Berg Larsen Metal Mouthpiece with the bullet chamber.I'm 28 and i'm listening to Jazz music since i was born, so i think that maybe i have a sightly good ear to recognize that this sax sounds incredible, i'm right?.Thanks. Best regards. Zevulun

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: It's a Conn Tenor New Wonder Series II a good sax for beginners?

Could be a great horn if it is in good condition.

Reply To Post

2. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

17 years ago

The Conn New Wonder is a wonderful sounding horn. As saxmom said, if it's in good condition. One suggestion though, and I could be wrong. While a Berg Larsen is a good metal mouthpiece, it may not be suited for an old horn like the Conn, and especially not if you're just starting out. I would suggest a hard rubber mouthpiece for a beginner. However, if you're planning on taking lessons, then ask your teacher to make suggestions about the mouthpiece. Also, have the horn checked out by a qualified repair tech. If it's in good playing condition, you're playing one of the best vintage horns out there.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

17 years ago

Another note on mouthpieces, some of the vintage Conn's require a large chamber mouthpiece, or the horn will play sharp. (I raise the neck about an eighth inch to compensate...)

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

17 years ago

Another note on mouthpieces, some of the vintage Conn's require a large chamber mouthpiece, or the horn will play sharp. (I raise the neck about an eighth inch to compensate...)

Reply To Post

1. by Zevulun
        (24 posts)

17 years ago

I just want to say thanks to the marvelous people that write in this forum, is fascinating how we can learn about saxes thanks to the kind people that take some time to write here.Thanks.

Reply To Post