Saxophone Forum

by Practice,practice,practice!!!
(14 posts)
17 years ago

Some words about a Buescher Aristocrat Alto?

Some minutes ago i has in my hands a Buescher Aristocrat Alto Sax in almost perfect conditions, just a little bit scratched in the bell.About the sound was ok. I just want to know if it is considered as a Vintage Sax and if it is a good and valuable one?.I found it in a flea market and i'm thinking in take it to make a gift to a friend.But forgetting about where i found it, is this sax a good horn?. Thanks to all the marvelous people that participates in this amazing forum!!!.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Some words about a Buescher Aristocrat Alto?

The Buescher Aristocrat is one of the best vintage saxes out there. Great sound. If you want to know how a Buescher Aristocrat sounds, listen to Johnny Hodges. Very pure tone. Great for both jazz and classical playing. However, before you give it to your friend, check it to make sure all the parts are there. As it's in a flea market, it will be a good buy, but you have to be sure of its general condition, so that at the very least, a good tech can make the necessary adjustments and replace any pads if necessary.

Reply To Post