Saxophone Forum

by jandy
(3 posts)
17 years ago

Stephanhouser zas500lq

Ever hear of Stephanhouser Sax? My son is in 6th grade and is renting this brand new sax for $52.00/mo. I am not happy. We wanted a Yamaha but the music store the school deals with does not have a contract with Yamaha. Looking for a used sax to purchase, should I stick with Yas 23? He has been playing piano for 6 years and also loves playing saxophone. HIs piano playing is beautiful and is a natural the sax is another story. Maybe its the sax. Ha ha

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Stephanhouser zas500lq

Never heard of the brand mentioned above. Im with you on this, I generally prefer to stick with horns that have a known reputation. The Yamaha you mentioned is a great choice, a great and very reliable student model. Look further down this forum for a thread called "jim's list of approved saxophone brands" and give it a read to give you a ton of good info on what is commonly acceptable and good for a begining player. If you are intrested, I have a Selmer Bundy II alto sax, another good student horn for sale for a good deal. drop me line if you're intrested or if you've got any questions, we'd love to help you out here on the forum!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by jandy
    (3 posts)

17 years ago

Thanks for the info. I have seen Jims list. I have another question...should I stick with the yas-23 or go for a yas 52?

Reply To Post

1. by jandy
      (3 posts)

17 years ago

I have looked into the Selmer Bundy II. Also have read some on this site. Not sure though. How does it compare to the Yamaha?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

17 years ago

Either yamaha would work just fine, but the 52 will be better if he decides to take his playing farther The bundy is a bit heavier, but the intonation in just as good, and it is just as playable and of quality for a beginnier to learn on

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM