Saxophone Forum

by Slausonm
(51 posts)
17 years ago

28M Connstellation Alto

After working on an alternative to hand engraving ordecals, I've finally gotten a pretty nice alternative. Thought you may like to see the newest of my sax guards. Plasic guard for a conn 28M alto. The guard is laser engraved. No decal. img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/slausonm/DSCF6655.jpg

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 28M Connstellation Alto

Slauson- That is some very nice work. I suppose you have one of these fairly rare horns? Congrats on both of these things! Later.

Reply To Post

1. by Slausonm
      (51 posts)

17 years ago

No, I don't own a28M, I'm a flute player :) . I was asked to make a guard by a repair shop a few years ago and I've been making them one or two at a time when I have a sale.

Reply To Post

2. by connman2
    (4 posts)

17 years ago

I could use a guard. How much? My daughter is using my 28m for fifth grade band. Am I making a mistake?

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

17 years ago

Some fifth graders take good care of their horns. I hope your daughter is one of them! :-)

Reply To Post

1. by Slausonm
        (51 posts)

17 years ago

I have one listed on e-bay now search 28M and you will find it. I also make it for less money un engraved. e-mail if you are interested. [email protected] From what I have seen, an intact original guard adds as much as $500-$1000 to the value of the horn. The one I made the first guard for sold for about $2000 They are really nice playing horns. If I were you, I would remove the original for safe keeping if your 5th grader hasn't broken it yet and either replace it with one of my guards or some other guard fit to the exsisting guard posts. Matt

Reply To Post

1. by connman2
          (4 posts)

17 years ago

I missed the ebay auction...so I'll email you. I like the horn and the sound...but it seems to have too many inconsistencies and innovations to be very useful to serious sax students. My fifth grader is quite careful so I don't mind her using the horn. It gives me some lead time before she starts begging for a Mark VI. I've had a lot of trouble keeping the G pip working properly during rapid articulation.

Reply To Post