Saxophone Forum

by allintox
(1 post)
17 years ago

Need a new SAX!

I've been out of school for seven years, i sold my sax shortly after but i would like to get back into playing. before spending the 1500 on a new sax i wanted to see if anyone has tried the much cheaper brand saxophones on ebay? Are any of them any count? Glenn Edward 2, Cecilio, Selman, Hawk, Sky, King, Jupitor! Are any of these any count?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Need a new SAX!

Avoid the cheap saxes. Check out the "Jim's list of approved saxophone brands" under High School Saxophone. There is much response, and you'll learn a great deal. Be careful about the ones that look like a familiar brand, but are one or two letters off, like Selman instead of Selmer, they're trying to cash in on the brand recognition, without being the brand. Some of the newer saxophones that are gaining in reputation include P. Mauriat and E.M. Winston. They are somewhat less expensive, but are much higher quality than the cheap ebay offerings. Good luck!

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Need a new SAX!

Oops! Let me clarify. The P. Mauriat and the E. M. Winston are less expensive than Selmer and Yamaha, but much higher quality than the cheap ebay offerings.

Reply To Post