Saxophone Forum

by roybrooks
(4 posts)
17 years ago

That Fickle Saxy Boy! (Selmer Question)!!

Greetings to all! I just finished reading Tim Price's Buyer's Seller's Guide online for those of us wanting to buy/sell. I am writing because I have a few questions that I hope someone (please!) could help me resolve. Firstly, the horn I own is (I believe) an intermediate model, but I am not sure about that--I would like to know as much as possible so I can sell this horn honestly and at a fair price. Second, the horn is a Selmer Tenor (USA) and the serial # reads 1209788. It has its neck (in great shape) and shows signs of usual wear (some scratches here and there) but no major dings, and I think the laquer (or is it a "gold plate finish"?) is great--it shines and is totally all there. The pads are in great condition etc. Overall, I would say that the poor horn has not been played that much at all. I wanted to know: (1) What Model is this horn? (2) What things can I do/know (as I am only an amateur and quit playing after a year of lessons) about this horn that will make selling it easier? and finally, How much would be a fair asking price for a horn like I have?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!