Saxophone Forum

by miramarsax
(14 posts)
17 years ago

Your jazz set-ups

Heres mine Alto- Cannonball Meyer 6 olegature 3.5 Alexander D.C. Soprano Cannonball Dukoff metal D8, Hemke #2 1/2 Reeds

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by miramarsax
    (14 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Your jazz set-ups

and an Eddie daniels lig.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

17 years ago

At present I'm using the following setups with my principle S/A/T/B/BA horns, Soprano: Morgan Vintage and Protone. Stock metal lig. Alto: vintage Runyon Model 22 a la' Bird. F. Louis lig. Tenor: Various Otto Link STM's, principle a self reworked vintage Florida STM and a heavily self reworked Current production STM. Selmer 404 lig. Bari: Santy Runyon Delrin Quantum. Rovner light lig. Bass: Vintage Martin HR Baritone piece. Vintage metal lig. I have a multitude of other "acquisitions" that fill a large drawer to the brim, but these are my favorites.

Reply To Post

2. by CountSpatula
      (602 posts)

17 years ago

This thread looks familiar... Oh wait...saxquest.com/forumThreadView.asp?ForumUID=12&ThreadUID=1298

Reply To Post AIM

2. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

17 years ago

1945 Conn 6M Alto, silver plate with gold bell 1954 The Martin Alto Francois Louis Ultimate Ligature LaVoz Medium and Vandoren Java 2 1/2 reeds

Reply To Post

1. by swingstreet
      (315 posts)

17 years ago

And Meyer 5M and 6M mouthpieces

Reply To Post

1. by Seano
        (132 posts)

17 years ago

I've posted on a thread like this two years ago but my setup has changed - Soprano - B&S Silver plate, Metal Otto Link 7* 3.5 Java Reeds Alto - Conn 6M, Meyer 7M, Francois Louis Ligature and 3.5 Java Reeds Tenor - Dave Guardala 501 Black Nickel model, Otto Link 10 with raised table and larger chamber than most models (it doesn't say "NY" on the shank), I use Robertos Woodwinds reeds on this piece with size "4 soft" reeds (equivelant to Java 3.5s). I just switched from using a HR Link 6 with Java reeds.

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
          (396 posts)

17 years ago

Holton soprano , hr Link 7*, RJS 3 Conn 6M, Morgan 8M, RJS 2M King Super 20 (tenor), STM 8 w/baffle, V16 2 1/2 Silvertone (tenor), Jumbo Java T75, V16 2 1/2

Reply To Post

2. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

17 years ago

I didn't bother to list the horns (just the MP setups I'm currently using), as my collection is a bit over the top. You can view a listing of them here if interested: www.saxquest.com/forumPostView.asp?ForumUID=7&ThreadUID=11017&PostUID=10004759

Reply To Post

3. by Seano
          (132 posts)

17 years ago

That is one hell of alot of horns... and how'd you find that Grafton?

Reply To Post

4. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

17 years ago

Hi Seano, Believe it or not, a name player friend of mine out of NY GAVE it to me. He never got around to overhauling it, and doesn't dabble in the alto so he donated it to me pro bono. They are a bear to setup, and are indeed fragile, but the sound and intonation is actually quite good. The feel of the key action takes some getting used to.

Reply To Post

5. by SmoothSaxMan314
          (3 posts)

17 years ago

Yamaha Soprano YSS-475II Otto Link 7* BG Revelation Jazz Lig Vandoren Jazz Reeds Blue Cecillo Alto Sax Belmonte Mouthpiece Rico Jazz Select Reeds Yamaha Tenor YTS575-AL Dave Guardala Super King Mouthpiece Vandoren Jazz Reed BG Revelation Lig Yamaha Bari YBS-52 Otto Link 9* Lavoz hard reed

Reply To Post Yahoo!

6. by saxophone2001
          (31 posts)

17 years ago

Selmer Reference 54 Tenor - Matte Finish Meyer 7M Rovner Ligature Vandoren 3 1/2 ZZ reeds for Jazz Blue Box Rico Royals 3 1/2 for legit

Reply To Post

7. by eman19
          (131 posts)

17 years ago

martin comm II, Olegature and Meyer 5M, with either La Vox? reeds med. or Vandoren 31/2 ZZ reeds Tenor Buescher True Tone, Supertone Master Link 5* with Vandoren V16 3 reeds

Reply To Post