DEAR FORUM, I USED TO PLAY SAX

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by HappySax
    (23 posts)

17 years ago

Re: LOOKING TO TAKE THE "NEXT STEP"....IN GENERAL

Welcome..I'm new here too but also like to keep in touch with everyone interested in playing the Sax. What kind of music do you love to play? What kind do you sing? Keep rockin' and again welcome..Happysax

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

17 years ago

The next step is simple: press the caps-lock key off please.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

17 years ago

Yes, David, Welcome!!! Using all caps makes it seem like you are shouting at us, and most of us (being musicians) don't like shouting. Good luck with the motivation. Many people here actually play for a living, though I usually use my saxophones for church and other non-paying things. Many practice for hours each day, and I hope you get the motivation that you need.

Reply To Post

2. by TRUESAXMAN
      (2 posts)

17 years ago

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! :-) As to your answer Happysax, I LOVE to play jazz (especially ballads) but basically love ANY kind of music. I also am a self-taught (ear trained) singer which I am about to take professionally (I based my voice around my internal saxophone sound) , so anything is game for me as long as it can be sang or played to. :-D A lot of my influences on my saxophone have come from Cannonball, Bird, Nat Adderly, Kenny G, Walter Beasely, Dave Kox etc......as for my voice I would say Josh Groban, Boys II Men, Bryan Adams etc.... How about yourself? Sincerely, Truesaxman

Reply To Post AIM