Anybody have any advice for hi

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Azsax
    (47 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Creston Sonata-High G

my suggestions: mouthpiece playing. scales and simple melodies. pitch bending starting on g on top of the staff, then work your way up to your highest altissimo note. overtones exercies found in the rascher book or elsewhere. when it comes time to play the measure, make sure you are using from e and front f# when you are approaching the high g. last one: wait until selmer comes out with an alto with a high g key. i hear it's in the works!

Reply To Post

1. by mjohnnie
      (66 posts)

17 years ago

I use front F key+ rh1+side Bb. You could also use 101/101, but it doesn't sound as good. Rascher top tones is something to work with, too.

Reply To Post

1. by jaja999
        (15 posts)

17 years ago

are you sure it's a high G?? I recall high F# being the highest note in Creston Sonata...

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

17 years ago

;) Maybe someone miss-read their music...

Reply To Post AIM

2. by mjohnnie
          (66 posts)

17 years ago

Well, it has been about thirty years since I last played it. I thought there was a high G in the last mvt.

Reply To Post

2. by barisax999
        (400 posts)

17 years ago

there is a high G in the first movement of the creston. do not pitch bend, it will sound terrible. use front F, rh 1 and side Bb, its the most stable one. learn how to use altissimo properly. go through the whole process with overtones and all that jazz. the big thing that helped me develop my altissimo register is remember that you can move your jaw slightly forward to help all the notes speak better

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by The Insomniac Saxman
          (141 posts)

17 years ago

My current fingering of choice is: 13|1 + octave + side Bb You can also try: 13|13 + octave For either if you need to anchor the tone more, you can add the low Bb to either fingering . . . Best of luck!

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
            (602 posts)

17 years ago

Insomniacs first fingering is the one that's always worked for me (cept i add Eb key doesn't do a lot but just a habit), though when I first learned it it took me awhile to get use to the weird fingering...

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Dark Eyes
              (138 posts)

17 years ago

take a look at the fingerings for G on this website. www.wfg.woodwind.org/sax/sax_alt_4.html Good Luck Dark Eyes (unloved thesis)

Reply To Post

2. by spudman238
              (1 post)

17 years ago

I think we have the same problem. Any note between middle D (still on staff) and high G sound exactly like the notes without the thumb. I think the problem is with the 3rd key on top+thumb key. Maybe the hole that replaces the neck's hole is clogged. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome!

Reply To Post