Ive been playin on a c* but i

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

17 years ago

Re: classical alto mouthpiece

im really liking my vandoren optimum AL3. very dark. it is the same piece that otis murphy plays on and that is as dark as it gets. you may also want to try another s80 with a smaller tip, like a B. that may help. another one is the selmer soloist(modern). some people found them very dark, i played it very bright which was strange, but give it a shot. just look around and try everything!!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Sax253
    (13 posts)

15 years ago

I heard that many people use caravan mouthpieces. I do not have first hand experience of these mouthpieces or where they are sold but they might be worth looking at Regards Lewis

Reply To Post

1. by Hunter R.
      (13 posts)

14 years ago

I use a E. Rausseau mouthpiece and I love it! My box was signed by Eugene Rausseau when I got it!

Reply To Post

1. by saxandbassplayer
        (42 posts)

14 years ago

Yeah. But what do you like about it? What's different about it for you versus a Selmer piece, or a Vandoren, or even a Yamaha 4C?

Reply To Post

2. by Jyles1024
      (3 posts)

14 years ago

They are absolutely amazing. They do take a little bit of time to get adjusted to for some, but when they do...Just amazing...

Reply To Post

1. by Jyles1024
        (3 posts)

14 years ago

I'm sorry, I was referencing the Caravan mouthpiece.

Reply To Post

1. by saxandbassplayer
          (42 posts)

14 years ago

That is all fine and dandy, but I want to know WHY its so different. Seasoned players often forget that people that have no conception at all regarding these things,and a lack of information is enough to get someone uninterested. Tell us about the facing, what the chamber is like, why its so amazing... because every piece of equipment is money and if you are a gearhead like me every dollar should be spent wisely. As far as it goes, my only experience with a rousseau was on soprano. The intriguing thing was that with the slight baffle I still got a much more even, dark, and focused sound than with any selmer i tried. Though from what I remember the tenor counterpart was rather disappointing.

Reply To Post