I have a Buescher alto sax, ma

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by 2saxy
    (25 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Squeaky notes

For one thing, if it's 10 to 15 years old, you might want to get a new sax, BUT heres some suggestions.... For one, try looking at the palm keys, if they aren't coming down all the way, that can cause a lot of squeaking. This has happened to a lot of old saxophones I've dealed with. You could also try checking if theres any holes in any of the pads, or pieces of the pad that are abnormally sticking out/in.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by newreedsyndrome
      (343 posts)

16 years ago

Haha, dude, 10 or 15 years is not an old horn. One of my favorite tenors is a old Chu from 1925!

Reply To Post

2. by FutureBandTeacher
    (45 posts)

16 years ago

How long have you been playing? Check posture, make sure your neck strap is adjusted so that you can play with your back straight.

Reply To Post

3. by 2saxy
    (25 posts)

16 years ago

Oh, you can try getting a new ligature, I prefer the Bay brand, it helped me with my low notes. Also, if you've recently run your mouthpiece under hot water, that would most likely be the reason for your squeaky notes. If you did, I'd recommend getting another MP.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by CountSpatula
      (602 posts)

16 years ago

Could be a lot of things...get a teacher...that would do wonder :)

Reply To Post AIM

4. by cuber
    (653 posts)

16 years ago

dont listen to these idiots who suggest its the mouthpeice or the lig, use more air, see if pressing the key with more force helps

Reply To Post

1. by 2saxy
      (25 posts)

16 years ago

IDIOTS?!?!?!?!

Reply To Post Yahoo!