I am in high school and i am l

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jonathanbaek
    (10 posts)

16 years ago

Re: copper sax or black nickle sax

the copper delivers a more mellow sound, and if you want to play jazz or rock, I'd suggest the black nickel. By black nickel, do you mean the Shadow or the black and gold saxophone? I'd recommend the Keilwerth SX-90 R Vintage. www.schreiber-keilwerth.com/englisch/keilwerth/instruments/alto_sx90r_vintage.htm It's a fairly new model, for jazz players, as it has a very loud and projecting vintage sound.

Reply To Post

1. by Gombarto
      (4 posts)

16 years ago

Yes I did mean the Shadow sax by Keilwerth. I will look into the Vintage Keilwerth. Thanks for the advice.

Reply To Post

2. by Gombarto
      (4 posts)

16 years ago

Yes I did mean the Shadow sax by Keilwerth. I will look into the Vintage Keilwerth. Thanks for the advice.

Reply To Post

1. by peter090
        (155 posts)

16 years ago

One humble opinion would be to get the brass sax with the least expensive finish option and spend the money you save on private lessons. The difference in tone that results from the material of the sax is dwarfed by other factors.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
          (653 posts)

16 years ago

frankley, you should look at more than just keilworth saxes, and the finish really doesnt effect the sound of the horn, they just try to advertise that it does

Reply To Post

2. by jamminCB
        (6 posts)

16 years ago

get out of keilwerth saxes......believe me......look into Cannonball Saxes the sound and lifetime is 100 times better than that of any keilwerth,,,,if u actually plan to keep the sax for a couple years, a cannonball is a much better invesment

Reply To Post