So I have recently upgraded fr

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by blackfrancis
    (396 posts)

16 years ago

Re: New mouthpiece for 6M

You're wanting a jazz piece, I presume. I use a Morgan 8M for most of my jazz work and a stainless Berg 85/2 M for a more contemporary sound. Keep that Meyer if it works well for you, and beware of G.A.S.!

Reply To Post

1. by newreedsyndrome
      (343 posts)

16 years ago

Morgans are great, but if you have the money from selling your Jupiter, check out some old NY Meyers and rubber Links (Reso Chamber, Florida, Early Babbitt, etc...).

Reply To Post

2. by Java5608
    (8 posts)

16 years ago

Thanks very much, and more recommendations are welcome. Yeah a jazz mouthpiece, guess i forgot to say that outright. I'm not too big on what I guess a lot of people would call a 'contemporary' sound. I actually try to sound more like a tenor in respects of a jazz voice, (MUCH MUCH) less Kenny G clarity and more of a Sonny Rollins growl, so those older Otto's and meyers sound like good ideas. Thanks and by the way BlackFrancis, as in Frank Black the guitar player for the Pixies?

Reply To Post AIM

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

16 years ago

yea, try the ottos, im trying some for my martin, used one on my chu berry and sounded great

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
        (396 posts)

16 years ago

That would be Black Francis, the Irish highwayman (talk about old school). But the Pixies will do nicely too, thank you!

Reply To Post