I don't know if this happens t

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Tranesyadaddy
    (279 posts)

16 years ago

Re: getin it goin

I had ADD until I changed my diet. with me it was processed sugar and processed wheat. If you don't have crap food as your staple diet, you can splurge when the need arises without too much detriment.

Reply To Post

2. by gbmv
    (1 post)

16 years ago

Start the day listening to some good music. Also again in the evening. That gets me going!

Reply To Post

1. by JBTSAX
      (364 posts)

16 years ago

What inspires me to practice and play more: 1. A performance or gig coming up. Look for opportunities to play. 2. New music that is exciting. Have you looked into SmartMusic? They have some great jazz accompaniments . www.smartmusic.com 3. Taking some lessons from an inspiring teacher. 4. What gbmv said. John

Reply To Post

3. by Joe Bananas
    (71 posts)

16 years ago

I think sometimes when i has to practice with my sax was like when i has to study mathematics when i was a child, i mean, this produced to me a kind of...laziness.Well, this don't happens to me again since long ago and i think it's becouse i'm surrounded by a "very musical environment".I found some very important inspiration sources around me: - I try to listen to music as much as i can (I love to do it). - Regularly i go to a gig where i get a good ammount of inspiration and ideas. - Watch some gigs on Video (I've seen Chris Potter Quartet Live in Paris 5 months ago and i still feeling inspired by this). - Luckily my girl plays piano, this is very inspirational as well. - Get some lessons from a really good teacher or a "top musician" when i can economically afford it. - Get Classical Music lessons (I really want to play Jazz but Classical is very inspirational). - And mainly think that play sax is one of the better things i can do with my time. Good Luck and just relax and enjoy your practicing!. Joe

Reply To Post

1. by jamterry
      (573 posts)

16 years ago

If you don't want to practice, I suggest that you quit. No use forcing yourself Terry

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by kspr2635
        (5 posts)

16 years ago

interesting... I took your advice. I just stopped playing for 2 weeks before my gig (thought as NOT a good idea) but I rocked my pieces. Thanks man.

Reply To Post

2. by Tranesyadaddy
      (279 posts)

16 years ago

occasional periods of acute dis-interest are a standard part of any creative endeavour.

Reply To Post

1. by knorter
        (205 posts)

16 years ago

When you're not feeling inspired you might want to try an extremely specific practice schedule. Find literally one thing you want to improve at-design one or two exercises that would help. Take all the emotion and inspiration out of the picture. Everyday that you aren't "feeling it", do this exercise. Set very specific goals. That way you get in the habit of everyday practice regardless of your mood. Kristy

3. by saxophonist_104
      (148 posts)

16 years ago

like most of the others said, listen to some good music. i like to find new challenges with the sax such as doing a growl. i'm in the marching band and it really gets me goin when i'm playing as loud as i can and people have to cover their ears when they walk by b/c they're weenies! they can't take the noise!!!!!!! saxes rule!!

Reply To Post

1. by azurealto
        (79 posts)

16 years ago

i don't really have to do much to inspire me to practice. Mostly, i listen to music. Good Luck!

Reply To Post

1. by azurealto
          (79 posts)

16 years ago

what's the name of that chinese, bad quality, selmer impersonater company? i forgot.

Reply To Post

1. by JBTSAX
            (364 posts)

16 years ago

Which one? There are legions of them. . . but they all come with white gloves and are "band teacher approved". Joh

Reply To Post

2. by jamterry
            (573 posts)

16 years ago

This thread is about practice, not Chinese phobia and racism.

3. by cuber
            (653 posts)

16 years ago

how is not liking chinese horns racisim?

Reply To Post