Re: getin it goin
I think sometimes when i has to practice with my sax was like when i has to study mathematics when i was a child, i mean, this produced to me a kind of...laziness.Well, this don't happens to me again since long ago and i think it's becouse i'm surrounded by a "very musical environment".I found some very important inspiration sources around me:
- I try to listen to music as much as i can (I love to do it).
- Regularly i go to a gig where i get a good ammount of inspiration and ideas.
- Watch some gigs on Video (I've seen Chris Potter Quartet Live in Paris 5 months ago and i still feeling inspired by this).
- Luckily my girl plays piano, this is very inspirational as well.
- Get some lessons from a really good teacher or a "top musician" when i can economically afford it.
- Get Classical Music lessons (I really want to play Jazz but Classical is very inspirational).
- And mainly think that play sax is one of the better things i can do with my time.
Good Luck and just relax and enjoy your practicing!.