I've been looking at some new

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by allthewoodwinds
    (12 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Tenor Sax Reeds

I use Superial & DC #2 and 2.5 reeds. They have always given me superior performance on the mouthpieces I've used: Guy Hawkins 9*, Yani 8*, Runyon Quantum 8* spoiler and Berg 130/1. The only complaint I have is that they are very easily prone to breakage. Even if I handle them carefully and put them in reed savers. They can't seem to take the punishment that my La Voz Med or Brancher 2.5 reeds do. Brancher's seem a little too stiff for me. Compared to the DC and Superial.

Reply To Post

1. by rocheman1
      (3 posts)

16 years ago

Hey, can you guys throw some advice my way? I'm working on playing in the altissimo range and doing Pick up the Pieces in my band. The problem is that i do a lot more lead singing than playing and I never get to practice enough. So I'm playing on a Dukoff 5 mouthpiece on my King Super20. Can you guys recommend something for my Dukoff that might help me hit that altissimo stuff? Like maybe some new lips!!!!

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
        (602 posts)

16 years ago

1) Top Tones for Saxophone by Sigurd Rascher 2) Get a teacher 3) Practice, you can't get around it there are no shortcuts.

Reply To Post AIM