Saxophone Forum

by dre
(1 post)
20 years ago

saprano,buescher.

I have a buescher straight truetone for sale 157,xxx serial #'s . i was just wondering what it was worth? It is an elkhart indiana made in 1924 2 yrs before the plant fire. I would appreciate any info you can give. THANX.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Skoolboi
    (9 posts)

20 years ago

Re: saprano,buescher.

It worth nothing, so sell it to me for $1 and thats about the best offer ur gonna get.

Reply To Post

2. by Skoolboi
    (9 posts)

20 years ago

Re: saprano,buescher.

im just joshing. Nice sax. It depends on condition. If in mint then you could get up to 1500 or more depending if u get a sucker to buy ur horn. If in ok u will probably get 700-900 on ebay. If its banged up alittle, but no dents or major malfunctions then you will get 400-700 on ebay. It it has any big dents or bends, cracks, missing parts or anything, ur gonna have a hard time selling. Also original laquer and original pads go into factoring the price. If ir has all original laquer(which it wont) then that could raise it signifigantly, like 1000+. Also if it has orignal pads then that will be a +. Finnaly case and mouth piece. If ur selling to a true saxophonist then ull get more $ out of him, and he will be more willing to shell out bucks if u have moputhpiece and case in good condition. Good luck. And also information of vintage sopranos is scarce, other than on forums like saxontheweb.net.

Reply To Post