Saxophone Forum

by Msty
(7 posts)
20 years ago

Black Nickel DC Pro II Tenor Sax for SALE--CHEAP!

I just entered the school of music and am looking for a new tenor and so I am trying to sell the one I have now. It's in great condition-has had only one owner and I've been playing it for a little over a year now. It is black nickel so the sound is a little harder (good for jazz) and comes with a case. Professional model-I recomend it for a beginner or intermediate player to begin learning the pro keys. Modeled after several other tenors including a King and Selmer Mark VI, and has a larger bell for more sound. Very easy to play and looks great--no dents, scratches, or dings, no missing laquor. Would like to sell as soon as possible for $1400 OBO!!! If interested please write to me at [email protected] Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by tee196
    (31 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Black Nickel DC Pro II Tenor Sax for SALE--CHEAP!

Would you recommend DC Pro Saxes??? I am looking for a new Saxaphone and these have cought my eye, unfortuanatally im looking for a silver and gold one but, did this sax play nicely for you?? any information about this is greatly wanted and would be loved, thank you. -Tee196

Reply To Post

1. by Msty
      (7 posts)

19 years ago

I have recently sold this saxophone but I can tell you that it did play okay for the short time that I did have it. Since you are in a college program for music, I would never recomend this brand of instrument to you. DC PRO II is purely meant for young students starting out and deciding whether or not they wish to continue playing. I would, however, recomend a Selmer--they have the highest quality out there and are best suited for a wide range of styles, ie. jazz, classical. However, those can be very expensive so you can also try Yamaha, Keilworth, and even LA SAX. You can usually get these in nickel or silver plating if you order them specially. I also recomend trying them out a few times before you purchase anything. And make sure you are entirely comfortable with the sax before you do buy it. Also, if you do not plan on buying new, be very cautious of dealers selling used... they don't always have saxophone smarts. Anything made in China/Japan or 'designed in France' stay away from... those are crap that can be sold in WalMart if they wanted to. I suggest, since this is a long and important endeavor for the school of music, that you look for a while, play, and find a good upper-line sax. I am also in the program and I can tell you that you will be playing most of the day--if you want to be good, so you're sax is going to have to hold up to many hours of use which can wear down on them, so you want something sturdy that you won't need to fix every month or so. If you have any more questions, please feel free to write again. Thanks and good luck on your hunt... Oh yeah, and don't just settle for anything! It will come along when you least expect it! :)

Reply To Post

2. by pedro duenez
      (1 post)

16 years ago

Reply To Post

2. by EXLover
    (1 post)

18 years ago

HOW MUCH U WANT FOR IT E-MAIL ME ABOUT IT

Reply To Post

3. by saxophone lover
    (1 post)

17 years ago

Hello. I am looking for a tenor sax to play some heavy jazz on. Is this tenor sax good enough for it? If possible, will u sell it for $1000

Reply To Post

1. by twest
      (1 post)

16 years ago

I have a DC Pro II, would sell for $1,000

Reply To Post