Saxophone Forum

by Rben20
(35 posts)
20 years ago

Sax Trade

I currently have a super action 80 serie II with me and I love it. Recently ive been offered a chance to get a new alto the selmer refrence. Should I stick with my selmer SA 80 or trade it? I have no idea how they play. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sjlmassey
    (3 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Sax Trade

Are you unhappy with your current setup? If not then don't bother. The SA80ii will not fetch you enough cash to upgrade without laying out some more money. If you love what you've got stick to it. I tried both reference models (tenor) and having two mark vis and a balanced action I found that the claim that these new horns were emulations to be spurious at best.

Reply To Post

2. by frostshardz
    (23 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Sax Trade

if the reference is in perfect condition... its should be a good deal... but since he doesnt want the reference.. find out the reason y first. if he stays near you, try it. see which one do you like better. most importantly is wad you like. all these is if it is a person to person trade. if its a new one, try to reserch on it. go to a local stall or someone who has it to try it out first. if not, go to the person who offered you the trade and try out the sax that he offered. its not like you have to buy it if you go there. the money is still yours and you can decide.

Reply To Post