Saxophone Forum

by silversax440
(29 posts)
20 years ago

Is this mouthpiece legit?

Hey guys, way back I remember someone mentioning that the old Buesher mouthpieces were popular classical pieces. I found a vintage buesher on eBay but I don't know if its what you guys were talking about... here's the link. Let me know what you guys think and if its worth a try or not... who knows it might just be a crap piece... that's why I'm asking. Thanks, Shaun cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38112&item=3733811670&rd=1

[Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan
    (559 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Is this mouthpiece legit?

Yes, it is a legit piece...though I wouldn't call it poular by todays standards - 60 years ago it was, today people that like that type of piece most commonly think of the rascher piece, which is slightly better than the buescher, but it is harder to get and more expensive. The piece right now is quite low, if I were you, I would go for it, if it turns out to be good, itll cost you less than a student piece, if not, it only costed a little and could probably be sold thru sotw for somone looking to complete their original buescher. I would most definately try it, I am going to give my rascher another chance with some new reeds.