Saxophone Forum

by SelmerParisPassion
(59 posts)
20 years ago

Selmer Model 26-???

Someone is offering to trade a silver Selmer NY horn (serial # 10604, so I'm guessing it's a Model 26), for my Conn C melody. I know nothing of these saxes- as far as vintage horns go I'm a Conn kind of person. I am looking for general information on these saxes. It'll need an overhaul, and I don't know if this type of horn would be worth it or better off being initiated into wall decor. Thanks! Christie J

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan
    (559 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Selmer Model 26-???

no no no, not modele 26. Selmer NY was another usa stencil, its probably a conn or a buescher, possibly a martin or king. What kind of sax is it? If it is a tenor or bari, in good shape, I wouldn't flinch. though an alto, I would seriously have to analyze the condition of my C melody and the condition of the NY. If the overhaul means only pads, it might be worth it, if not, not. A complete overhaul for an alto will run no less than 600.

Reply To Post

1. by SelmerParisPassion
      (59 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Selmer Model 26-???

It's an alto sax- I'll have pictures of it later on tonight when he sends them. The C Melody has relatively new pads, and it plays alright except for the register key. The nickle plate is pitted and I'd rate it at about 80-85%. Thanks for helping me out, it's much appreciated! Christie J

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ