Saxophone Forum

by barisaxiguy
(50 posts)
20 years ago

metal or rubber mpc for bari?

i play all kinds of music, what would be best?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by golferguy675
    (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: metal or rubber mpc for bari?

Everyone all this forum will have their own opinion, but it's going to be based on how they play. If I were you, I'd try each for a while, and decide myself. I personally think metal sounds pretty cool on bari, but at times, it doesn't fit the music. So my advice would be to buy both. Maybe a metal for jazz, and a hard rubber for legit. And maybe even another hard rubber for jazz. I don't play bari much, and when I do, I use a hard rubber piece, and that takes plenty of air, so I would imagine that a jazz metal piece for bari would take a very large amount of air. You may not even be ready for one(though I don't know your level of playing). Hope I helped, Rich

Reply To Post

1. by barisaxiguy
      (50 posts)

20 years ago

i'm a student so i dont have much money to buy all that, im pretty good tho, hope that helps.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

20 years ago

I'm of the opinion that the material the Mpc is made of doesn't matter compared to things concerning sound, projection, ease of playing, comfort, etc. If you found a metal mouthpiece you liked, the only issues would be cost and the stigma of "metal is for rock and jazz". Try as many mouthpieces as you can and pick the one that suits you.

Reply To Post

1. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

20 years ago

Yeah, there's companies that'll send you mouthpieces to try, so have them send you a metal one and a hard rubber one. Maybe two of each. Then, you mail back the ones you don't want. One place I know of that will do that is WWBW.

Reply To Post

2. by barimachine
          (323 posts)

20 years ago

bari metal is a very good thing for jazz and i just love it jody jazz ESP the best deal and maybe the best piece...well it is in my opinion of bari pieces www.jodyjazz.com

Reply To Post