Saxophone Forum

by ts20
(2 posts)
20 years ago

looking for good tenor for good price

I have been playing for 5 years and need a good all around sax. My price range is 700-1500. I am looking at the jupiter 889, the LA sax800, amati at 532. I need it to hit the low as well high notes and I need it to last. which of these are best suited for the job if you know of any better in my price range please don't hesitate to say so.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxgrobie
    (86 posts)

20 years ago

Re: looking for good tenor for good price

I too, am looking for a good tenor for a low price, and I can promise you that the Jupiter will not disapoint. I just need to keep saving . . . Good luck! Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by jazzsaxman
    (28 posts)

20 years ago

i just bought a jupiter 889 tenor 1 month ago and absolutely love it-i played 2 concerts with it and found the intonation perfect as well as the mechanics flawless. don't take to heart all the jupiter bashers-they need to justify why they payed 3000 dollars more for a horn no better then a jupiter

Reply To Post

1. by PIP
      (29 posts)

20 years ago

BUY THE JUPITER!!!!!!!!! It is an absolutely amazing horn for its price. It is extremely sound in its key action tone and intonation. I play it for concert, marching, pep, and jazz bands. It is an extremely flexible instrument

Reply To Post