Saxophone Forum

by batbone
(9 posts)
20 years ago

Solist performance alto model AS441

i'm trying to get more info on this horn. i know it's a copy of the yanagisawa A991. can anyone tell me who makes this horn?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by maplesyrup522
    (5 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Solist performance alto model AS441

Yanagisawa..makes....Yanagisawa horns I think.....

Reply To Post AIM

2. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

20 years ago

--------------------------------------------------------- i'm trying to get more info on this horn. i know it's a copy of the yanagisawa A991. can anyone tell me who makes this horn? ----------------------------------------------------------- I don't recall who makes it, but it's Taiwanese in origin. You could email Dave at www.kesslermusic.com as he deals this horn. he has a very good reputation over at the www.saxontheweb.com forums. The reactions over there about these horns have been quite positive

Reply To Post

1. by batbone
      (9 posts)

20 years ago

i called and spoke with Dave @ kessler and asked if it was tiawan or chinese and he said that it was the latter. I know that he has a greate rep and years of selling quality horns so i'm feeling good about this. in high school i owned a yamaha student alto nice horn back then (1977) so now i'm going to buy this new sax THE SOLIST AS441 and i will keep everyone posted. oh yeh i also bought a momique sapran last year; it's ok for now. thanks everyone for your replies

Reply To Post