Saxophone Forum

by drafter
(1 post)
16 years ago

Ligatures VS Oleg Ligatures Design

Are you aware of the Trademark Designed Clairinet,Flute & Saxophone Ligature by Saxophone Designer Oleg? The revolutionary Olegature epitomizes a new level of understanding the physics of sound production on woodwind instruments today. Given the patented material and construction design, the Olegature enhances the reed’s natural vibratory modes without any dampening effect. Resulting natural improvements in timbre, response, intonation and power are further enhanced by the Olegature’s fine-tuning ability. This post limitations of no pictures forces me to refer you to the graph view of Olegature Ligature V.S. the regular mouthpiece-reed- ligatures at view graph here It's really quite interesting and shows the comparison. Alto A1 - According to science, the Olegature is in a class of its own! The Olegature represents itself as probably the most valuable member of a sound-generating vibratory system (mouthpiece-reed- ligature). Prevents the reed to tolerate dead, out of tune, badly responding or unstable notes on your saxophone or clarinet anymore. Using the Olegature will remedy this problem. The comparative spectrum analysis graph (above) illustrates the advantages of the Olegature Ligature. You can see that it produces the highest peaks of harmonic power in the frequency areas in comparison to the “traditionally bad” notes, which are partially or even completely dampened by metal or soft material ligatures. For proper use it comes shipped with anti-slip synthetic cushion and instruction manual in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese languages. You can read the endorsements from actual users at www.olegproducts.com

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by cuber
    (653 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Ligatures VS Oleg Ligatures Design

i tried one of these a while back, and if i remember right the reason why i didnt buy it was because i couldnt get enough pressure on the reed, and without the pressure the response was lacking. To me, all it is is a glorified rovner, which i dont like either. I chose a BG jazz metal piece for my otto link. The response is great, brightens things up a bit, makes certain intervals a little easier. personally, i prefer my BG over oleg ligs.

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
      (396 posts)

16 years ago

Most valuable member of a sound generating vibratory system? I think this is inaccurate, and you conveniently left out the PLAYER as a component of this "system". Your link to the graph takes us to the website, where I was unable to find a graph, just some sound clips. As if I can tell a lot on my computer's speakers. I'll stick with gray duct tape- the response is great, it brightens things up a bit, and makes certain intervals a little easier (thanks, Cuber!). I don't come to Saxquest to get lame hype from advertisers. About as useful as those tennis shoe ads...

Reply To Post

1. by azurealto
        (79 posts)

16 years ago

Sounds Amazing! too good to be true... stupid ads.

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

16 years ago

yup.

Reply To Post

2. by JBTSAX
          (364 posts)

16 years ago

Please correct your post so that the link goes to the graph you refer to. Thanks.

Reply To Post

3. by cuber
          (653 posts)

16 years ago

whats the point? when the crap hits the fan, your decision is going to come down to which lig works the best for you, not what company has the best chart

Reply To Post