Saxophone Forum

by bandnerd1892
(7 posts)
16 years ago

Jody Jazz DV

Hello everyone!! Does anybody have any experience with the Jody Jazz DV tenor mouthpiece? I'm thinking about buying one and would just like to hear some feedback from a couple people. Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by JCMusic251
    (3 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Jody Jazz DV

I tried one awhile back. Good mouthpiece - plays very free, very balanced. For me however, and several other's I've talked to, not enough resistance. To "easy" to play in a sense. But certainly a good mouthpiece. I've only been able to try one, so that's my only experience. I play a fairly large link with a wedge in it, with 3.5 hard Jazz selects, so I like a fair amount of resistance obviously.

Reply To Post

1. by bandnerd1892
      (7 posts)

16 years ago

When you say no resistance, do you mean that your air is running out quicker or what? Thanks for the response.

Reply To Post

2. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

16 years ago

Jody Espina held a mouthpiece clinic in the music store I work in a couple of weeks ago. I had a chance to try both alto and tenor models. I tried the 6* models. They gave an incredibly warm and rich sound and I had an amazing control of dynamics that I can't get with my current mouthpiece. They were expensive however, costing $450 each.

Reply To Post

1. by bandnerd1892
      (7 posts)

16 years ago

I just ordered a DV 7*. I plan on giving a review on the mouthpiece once I have some time to play on it a while.

Reply To Post