Saxophone Forum

by mabeans
(1 post)
16 years ago

Case for Conn Shooting Star

My son has a Conn Shooting Star from the early '60's. The case has completely fallen apart. I understand most modern cases won't work with this sax b/c the low valves are on the "other" side. Any recommendations? He's in High School, so it needs to be a rugged case. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Case for Conn Shooting Star

Pro Tech, Gator and SKB all make low priced yet sturdy case models that will accommodate the Left hand bell keys of the Conn Director horns. There are of course more professional grade, flight worthy offerings available, at a considerable price increase.

Reply To Post

2. by haduran
    (52 posts)

16 years ago

Whatever case you wind up with you'd want to ensure that there is no excess play when the sax is in the case. A good snug fit is what you're after- if the horn is able to shift back and forth while in the case it can easily dent itself of its own weight simply moving about inside the case while the exterior of the case itself is unscathed!

Reply To Post

3. by stevo
    (17 posts)

15 years ago

I have conn shooting star , and i use a Protec brand from wwbw , fits great , great protection , durable ,lightweight, check them out. Stevo

Reply To Post