Saxophone Forum

by saxophonist_104
(148 posts)
15 years ago

any moral support?

As of now, I have no job. My boss had to shut down the store. I'm pissed because it was the first job I actually loved going to work for him and he treated me as an equal and not just a "grunt". I haven't lost a friend, but it is near imossible for us to spend time with each other because we live too far away from each other and gas costs too frickin' much. I'm feeling kinda elmo now. I need a job to help pay for college, but I feel like no other job can replace the one I lost. But if there is one level I will not stoop to, it's being a fry cook at Micky D's!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

15 years ago

Re: any moral support?

keep the faith, bro..attitude is everything..go for a job that YOU want and be positive..you create your life and you generate your life song..keep it positive no matter what..let the music be your goal and gift and just keep on giving..go in grace, and good wishes for you..some one's looking out for you, man..

Reply To Post

2. by Matt Otto
    (4 posts)

15 years ago

Sorry to hear about your situation. For what it's worth, when work is slow for me I practice a lot, at least that keeps my spirits up while I'm broke and eating beans and rice... I remember reading that Lee Konitz and Warne Marsh worked at Macy's Department store between gigs.

Reply To Post

1. by saxophonist_104
      (148 posts)

15 years ago

Thanks, guys! I probably won't be getting a job anytime soon, but thanks for helping me keep up the spirit!

Reply To Post

3. by ArchiSax52
    (2 posts)

14 years ago

Re: any moral support? 2 years later?

I'm new to SQ today. I see this is almost 2 years old. You should be 19 now (right?) So, how's things in TX? I hope something wonderful has happened since your last post!

Reply To Post

4. by linkplayer
    (8 posts)

13 years ago

Sorry about loss of job.Go see a local school music teacher & ask about giving private lessons to his kids.Retired music teacher. Hornblower

Reply To Post