Saxophone Forum

by Sugarsax35
(3 posts)
15 years ago

Paraschos Wooden Alto Neck

Hi guys, So Im selling my wooden Paraschos alto sax neck. It has been played a total of 3 times, so other than normal aging from the year I have had it (one spot of tarnish on the end), it is in perfect condition. I bought this neck from Roberto's right as he was unpacking the box, so it had never even been played in his store. My personal thoughts on this neck: Wonderfully consistent (intonation and tone) If I had to put a label on the tone, I would say it is quite flexible but has a wonderful brilliance to it. If anyone is interested or would like to see some pics, please let me know. Best, Sugarsax

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Paraschos Wooden Alto Neck

so....how cum ya sellin' it?

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

15 years ago

The question should be why did you buy it.....Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Sugarsax35
    (3 posts)

15 years ago

You guys have never upgraded from a good piece of equipment? Most people don't go from bad equipment to amazing equipment. There is a middle you know. And if you are willing to spend $1000 on a neck, this is not the best choice. However, if you are trying to spend around $400, this is a solid choice. This neck is already sold, so not that it matters, but if you are not interested why bother posting just to criticize mine?

Reply To Post

3. by Sugarsax35
    (3 posts)

15 years ago

realized I didn't specifically answer your questions. I sold it because I now play on a gold plated neck that suits my playing style better. I bought it because it was a huge upgrade from my standard series III neck, and I didn't have enough money for GP. Although it is not the case, there is also the option of wanting a different sound. Players change, and with it many times their equipment changes. I also happened to be primarily a Jazz player when I chose that neck. P.S. What am I supposed to write? Selling this neck because I found a better one? There is a real pitch=)

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

15 years ago

I too am primarily a jazz player. Really, I'm only a jazz player. I have a couple of Mark Vls that I feel are as good as it gets. I am perfectly happy with the necks that came with the horns. Of coarse, I don't play the mouthpieces that came with the horns. I play a Gaurdala on tenor and a Meyers on alto. Maybe a new neck might be worth trying? But not a wooden one! If a terific neck would help my playing I'll be first in line to get one. But the factory necks and the mouthpieces I have give me the sound I want? So................. Good luck and remember, spend your money wisely...........Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

4. by christian brewer
    (1 post)

15 years ago

Hi there, I'm interested in the parascos wooden alto neck if it's still available.thanks,chris(london,uk)

Reply To Post