Saxophone Forum

by jacobeid
(24 posts)
15 years ago

Mouthpiece Cafe NY Cafe Bros Review

I'll start by saying that I have no affiliation to Brian or Erik other than the fact that I love their mouthpieces! I've gone through several mouthpieces over the past couple of years looking for "the one." The only piece that I've stuck with was a morgan 6m. I liked the sound, but the beak height killed me and I started looking again. I picked up one of these up in a 6 opening about a month ago and have been playing it exclusively. The finish work on it is amazing as you would expect. The sound is definitely reminiscent of a meyer. It plays evenly and with good response in all registers. I have had trouble with pieces in the past being difficult to articulate in the low register, but did not experience that all with this piece. I had no problem with this piece in regards to projection. The sound is medium dark like you would expect from a meyer. In my mind, it's the best $250 I've ever spent on a mouthpiece. Check out clips here: www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=864667 Rockabye River features me on the entire tune. Happy Go Lucky Local check out 1:50-2:30 and 3:18-3:33 It don't mean a thing check out 2:17 to the end pretty much.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece Cafe NY Cafe Bros Review

Hey Jacob, How have you been? Many thanks for the review, but you might want to check the link you provided, as it isn't valid. Cheers my friend.

Reply To Post

1. by jacobeid
      (24 posts)

15 years ago

Thanks for the working link! Sorry the clips are so quiet.. I've been really good. Practicing hard and playing A LOT. I thought I would post this review here because I can honestly say that this piece is the best mouthpiece I have played...ever.

Reply To Post

2. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

15 years ago

Here is a working one from you post on our site: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=864667

Reply To Post