Saxophone Forum

by reagentz
(7 posts)
20 years ago

I got a new Sax!

Welp I took my time done my research and made a wise choice I think. I got a 1980 Selmer Bundy Tenor Sax. It's not a nice new shiney sax but it's in good shape with only a comple little dings in it AND I paid for it as much as I would have paid for a new Hemlke or those other new "german" saxophones. I'm happy, I've also order my reeds already and a book to start learning my fingering again.=) w00t!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

20 years ago

Re: I got a new Sax!

Congratulations! I agree, you got a horn with a reliable reputation for the right money. Good job!

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

20 years ago

I still have my 1980 Bundy II alto and love it, though it's been through heck and back and looks like it. Set up properly, you will be extremely pleased.

Reply To Post

3. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

20 years ago

And the nice things about used instruments that are well-thought-of is that you can often sell them for close to what you've paid for them. You can't do that with most new instruments, especially cheap off brands.

Reply To Post

1. by reagentz
      (7 posts)

20 years ago

Well my Sax just came in today! It's a little brushy and may have a few leaks...I can't even get the lower register to sound out. If I close off the pads on the lower end of the sax I can get the upper keys to may the proper tone. I'm taking it by the local shop today and have them give it a once over. I called them up he said "wow great Bundy is great, probably just needs some adjusments" Also I have the mouthpiece on this thing, it's stainless steel and the ligature is looks like a pipe or hose clamp, guess I'll need to invest in a new mouthpiece. Just keeping everyone posted on my journey back into playing sax. Talk to ya later!

Reply To Post

1. by Hexaclon
        (90 posts)

20 years ago

Hey congrats dude!! Hope you have fun and if you have any questions feel free to ask us! Now about that mouthpiece.. it maybe worth something!! Don't let nowbody say it chost 10 buks!! If it is a metal mouthpiece... hold it untill you improve your playing. Maybe in a couple of years you may find a good use for it. -Hex Peace, love and music And have fun!!

Reply To Post AIM