Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
20 years ago

Good Jazz Listening

a lot of ppl in here might not be into jazz but i figured id throw up a post for some good jazz stuff.. i live in maryland and theres a great band here who im sorta friends with by the name of "devils workshop" theyre pretty much strictly improvisational and when u listen to thier music u wonder what the hell they are thinking.. theyre name comes from the theory in music that idle hands in music is the work of the devil, and since their hands are never idle i guess they figured theyd throw in a lil confusion of a name to their band. if ur in the area of maryland lemme kno if uv heard of em.. another good "band" is the al maniscalco quartet, he just so happens to be my teacher as well, hes really good.. and some more mainstream things i like charlie parker, cannonball adderly and weather report, anyone else??

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by golferguy675
    (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Good Jazz Listening

Hop on over to the Jazz discussion forum, there's threads for favorite tenors and altos, and non-saxists, and stuff like that.

Reply To Post

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Good Jazz Listening

your in my area so check out anything at blues alley mostly and twins but umm lets see branford marsalis is coming and definitly keter betts and buck hill. also on september 11th theres a silver spring jazz festival go there...

Reply To Post