Saxophone Forum

by blog234
(14 posts)
20 years ago

Anyone know if Cannonball saxes are good?

I've got a 5 yr old tenor Selmer beginning sax and was thinking of buying a new one. I tried the Cannonball and I thought it sounded great, with a deep sound. I'm not an expert on what kinds of saxes are out there, so I was wondering if any of you have heard of it.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by golferguy675
    (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Anyone know if Cannonball saxes are good?

They sound decent alone, but when you play in a section, it screeches through and won't blend worth a shit. Also, they seem to completely dissasemble themselves (fall apart) after a year.

Reply To Post

1. by Saxman2200
      (64 posts)

19 years ago

A little advice, you will hear both sides of the story here. I suggest you check up on the 3,000 debates already going on about this.

Reply To Post

2. by Goldref18
      (145 posts)

19 years ago

My 2nd alto player in our jazzband has a cannonball he's had for about a year now and it's still mint. He loves it. I personally am a vintage selmer person but i am looking into a black nickel plated cannonball for my first alto, while tenor is my main horn. I would strongly reccommend not limiting your options you might like the new Reference Selmers or Even a Custom Z. Cannonballs are also really affordable and they play pretty well.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by golferguy675
        (600 posts)

19 years ago

Why do Saxman2200 and Goldref keep bring up all of these old discussions? Look at the dates of that last posts, and then yours. If it's been a more than a month, nobody cares anymore.

Reply To Post

1. by Goldref18
          (145 posts)

19 years ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Why do Saxman2200 and Goldref keep bring up all of these old discussions? Look at the dates of that last posts, and then yours. If it's been a more than a month, nobody cares anymore. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- we care

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM