Re: How to get rust of a sax
First try WD40 or something similar. Let it soak in overnight. If that doesn't work, then try heating it with a propane torch, though not enough to make the brass glow please. Heat it and cool it a couple times. Then try the WD40 again. If that still doesn't work, then you can try Phosphoric acid, which you can buy at Home Depot. Get some safety goggles and some long rubber gloves too. Phosphoric acid will eat rust, but it also likes the zink in the brass, so don't leave it on the part too long. Follow the directions on the bottle.