Saxophone Forum

by johnnyreich
(1 post)
14 years ago

Buescher C-Soprano mouthpiece needs

Hello All, My first post to the group, so apologies if I'm treading on a well-worn topic. I just came into possession of a Buescher Tru-Tone soprano keyed in C and had it completely re-padded and regulated by Dr. Sax in Madison WI. He did a great job. The horn was built in 1926 according to the serial number tables. The mouthpiece is definitely an original, meant for the C horn and not a Bb. The Bb pieces I've compared it to are much larger. I'd like to get a mouthpiece with a slightly wider tip opening to suit my embouchure and playing style and I'm concerned that just purchasing a Bb mouthpiece will cause many problems, including intonation issues, etc. Any advice is appreciated if you know of a seller, refacer, or any other resource for pieces for this great horn. Thanks in advance. Johnny

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Buescher C-Soprano mouthpiece needs

Sounds like a nice sax. Unfortunately, i think you're going to have a hard time finding a mouthpiece that will suit your needs. I suspect that a Bb soprano mouthpiece would throw your intonation off considerably, but I have never tried one. My advice would be to contact someone like Jody Espina of Jody Jazz. He may be able to custom make a mouthpiece to your liking. JodyJazz INC. 811 Barnard St. Ground Floor Savannah, GA 31401 1-866 JODYJAZ [email protected]

Reply To Post Yahoo!