Saxophone Forum

by ajs
(4 posts)
20 years ago

what year is my bundy tenor?

I've had this horn since the late 70s, and I think my parents purchased it used. I ended up a bassist, and never really picked it up. On the bell it says: BUNDY H&A Selmer Inc. On the back theres a number: 30499 Can anyone tell me anything about this horn, date and value? It's in decent shape, some tarnish, probably needs new pads from sitting in the case for all these years? I want to sell it but want to find out this info first. Thank you! AJ

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by ajs
    (4 posts)

20 years ago

Re: what year is my bundy tenor?

I'm sorry, I mean the serial number is: 430499 thank you

Reply To Post

1. by Spunky2sax75
      (75 posts)

20 years ago

That sax would have been made between 65-70. I couldn't find a specific year, but it was between those two, probably right about in the middle, maybe 67. I'm not an appraiser, so i couldn't tell you how much its worth, but if it plays well and is in good condition, u could at least gt a few hundred, maybe a thousand if its in really good condition.

Reply To Post

1. by ajs
        (4 posts)

20 years ago

thanks for the info, that's a great start for me! I'm going to let a sax player friend of mine check it out and see if it's still playable this week, then hopefully sell it on ebay.

Reply To Post

1. by ajs
          (4 posts)

20 years ago

* anyone interested in purchasing this horn? I can provide pictures if interested *

Reply To Post

2. by Spunky2sax75
          (75 posts)

20 years ago

If you can get some pictures, that would be nice. I have a lot of friends that play tenor, as well as myself, who might be interested. I would say wait a bit before jumping to ebay. Post some pics though, that would be great.

Reply To Post

3. by thattenorplayer
          (18 posts)

20 years ago

hey i got an old bundy too. on the bell it says bundy special H&A selmer inc. the cerial number is:52409 and on top of the cerial number it says made in germany. its got rolled tone holes and its got some scratches in the usual places like where it rubs against the chair while seated and a little tarnish on about 3 inches long by the neck strap hole thing. any idea on the $? thanks. thattenorplayer

Reply To Post